Hermit Crab Kit
Hermit Crabs are unique animals that require specific care. Your initial investment in a setup is the most expensive part about having hermit crabs in the classroom. Once they are setup they require cheap and easy care.
NOTE: While our kits come with one hermit crab, hermit crabs are social and we recommend having two in your crabitat. You will be able to add an additional hermit crab to your order in the shopping cart. We’d also recommend a larger enclosure. The Fun-Arium included in the kit is a nice start, however a larger 5-10 gallon aquarium may work best. You can pick one of these up at your local pet store or contact us at You Pet’Cha for additional help – email@example.com . All of your equipment in the kit can be used in your larger aquarium and the Fun-Arium can be used to transport your hermit crabs or used as a temporary enclosure for observation.
It is key that you feed and maintain your crabitat daily.
Aquatic Frog Kit Contains:
- Fun-Arium (terrarium)
- Water Conditioner (to make your tap water clean)
- Eco Earth Brick
- Food Pellets
- Water Dish
- Food Dish
- 1 Hermit crab
- Instructions & Lesson Plans
What You’ll Need To Provide:
- Fresh Water
- Fresh Foods – fruits, vegetables, protein*
Here are some foods that hermit crabs tend to enjoy:
- Fruits: coconut, mango, papaya, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, banana, starfruit, fig, pomegranate, and several others
- Animals: shrimp, krill, plankton, crab, squid, mealworms, earthworms, isopods, and crickets (can be fresh or frozen)
- Many other foods are acceptable including seeds. It might be easier to lookup non-safe foods!
Read our hermit crab care sheet online – click here.
|Add To Cart|
|Add To Cart|
Kits that contain live animals will require a shipping surcharge of $30.